Thursday, August 26, 2010

Puzzles & Tins

I'm finding that I have to be really prepared and on top of things to keep Maddie interested.  She does really well while we're working on things, but as soon as there is a lull in our activities - she's ready to play and it's hard to get her back on track.  I have to watch myself, too.  I'm finding myself getting so caught up in reading the blogs and "planning" - that not as much is getting done.  BUT... I have a lot done and together now.  What awesome ideas these ladies have.  What did we do before the internet?  LOL  Anyway, Hooked on Phonics came tonight.  Can't wait to get started!!

Here are a couple of pictures of her in action.  She's really enjoying the puzzles.  And, I threw a little "game" together to work on sorting colors/shapes.  We have tons of foam letters and shapes, so I took a handful of shapes and a little muffin tin.  I had Maddie separate them by shapes (small & large triangles; small & large squares, small & large circles; and small & large hearts).  Then she separated them by colors.  She did really well and spent quite a bit of time with it.

1 comments:

Pigs Do Fly said...

I do so relate to getting caught up in the blog reading. Honestly, that is one reason I started participating in the tot school linky -- sometimes I felt like all I did was gather information, make notes and plan, and I was overwhelmed at the volume of information I'd collected from the internet, magazines and books. Documenting what I am doing has boosted my confidence in my parenting!

Post a Comment