Thursday, August 19, 2010

Let the good times begin!

The picture is immediately following session 1 today. Notice all the lovely stamps on her arm. =)
My name is Kim and I am a stay at home mom to 2 3/4 year old, Maddie and brand new kindergartner, 5 year old Audrey. I guess you could say that I inconsistently "tot schooled" my eldest daughter without truly knowing what I was doing. Unfortunately, my youngest is suffering from the "second child syndrome" and I have not spent as much devoted structure learning time with her. I hadn't really thought about it until my friend, Allie, started posting about what her daughter was doing (our girls are the same age). I spent a few hours last night reading & researching and just decided to jump in head first today. I actually ordered the Hooked on Phonics from Amazon last night and am anxious to start with it. In the meantime, I'm just doing more structured learning times with Maddie. Today is seemed to turn more into a 2 hour craft session, but I was able to add in some skills like painting, cutting, and sorting of colors. I made a more conscience effort to include her in my day to day responsibilities like cleaning and cooking where she could participate. Also, instead of leaving an activity and moving right on to the next, we took the time to clean up and prepare for the next. What a novel idea, right? If I can get the basement cleaned, organized, and up to par - and we continue with this path, maybe it won't turn into the massive disaster that it was when we arrived this morning. Anyway, I have tons of ideas running through my head and can't seem to read enough on the subject. I'm looking forward to our Tot School Adventures ahead!  Feel free to check out http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/ for more information on your own Tot School!

1 comments:

Fields said...

Yay! I love it! Can't wait to read more!!!!!

Post a Comment