Monday, August 23, 2010

Chugging Along

So, our Hooked on Phonics will not be here until Friday, so we're doing our own thing until then.  We're concentrating mostly on colors and shapes.  This week we're doing Blue & Circles and throwing in a little of the letter B.  :)  I am getting together the hand outs and supplies and organizing them in a lovely large 2 gallon ziploc bag.  ;)  It's my condensed version of the Workboxes I found at 1+1+1=1.  As our materials and needs grow, I'll incorporate the workboxes more as the system is intended.

We started our first Lapbook today.  So excited!!  What a neat concept!  I have seen and read about them before.  Today I just watched a couple of videos on YouTube that some homeschool moms have so graciously added to the internet world for the curious minds.  =)  I'll be sure to add a picture of our first one the end of the week when it is finished.

I'm going to have to get some materials together.  Maddie is so excited and getting through things pretty quickly.  We get finished with one thing and she's "Mommy, what do we do next?"  Love to see her so excited about learning.  =)

This week we're focusing on B, the color blue, & circles.

2 comments:

Fields said...

I'm finding that Sarah Hazel is doing the same thing of wanting to do one activity after another now that she is getting older. Today she wanted to do 6 tracing pages instead of one! Luckily I have a big preschool workbook that has plenty in it. Which lapbook are you making? I think I might do an ocean themed one to take to the beach with us.
I have to ask this.....is that a CM circle maker I see in the above picture? Hahaha. Good idea actually!

Kim said...

I'm just making up one with the letter B (using a lot of blue). I found a few print outs online and am just adding words and pictures. This is just to get started. I'm researching some things to supplement Audrey with. I think she'll really enjoy them. She's all about some "crafts". lol And, yes, that is a CM circle maker. I'm actually using a lot of CM tools. Today for one of our circle projects, I had a print out of an empty gumball machine. I punched out lots of little colorful circles and Maddie glued the "gumballs" on her page. =)

Post a Comment